Monday, June 3, 2013

Second to last post

So I keep coming back, looking at this space and feeling completely certain I'm done. I will of course comment on blogs! But then I realized I'd feel bad not giving a final update. That will come in the middle of June and will be my last post. Hopefully it'll have loads of info, (keep your fingers crossed about those jobs I'm applying to!), but if not it'll have some info about what is next for the RL household. (OK, what's immediately next for the cats is a vet visit--routine--but we're not telling them.) It won't be precisely June 15, because that's our anniversary (11 years) and hopefully we'll be out of town for a little getaway. Husband has some vacation time he'll be using and then there will be NO vacation time for a very long time, so even though funds are tight, we want to go away for a day or two.

Most immediately, I can tell you that I'm looking for a place for us to live--new tenants next door = smokers. I'm applying for jobs. I had another meeting at the dept of labor. Had I been given that information before, I might have been able to better job search. Why do they wait so long to share the good job hunting info? And the guy I met with there was actually helpful. I had a bad interview with a business owner who couldn't tell me what he wanted in a person, or what the position entailed. It was a strange hour of my time. After some research, he's paying nearly 40% below market pay rate.  The whole thing was a wake up call that I'm selling myself short in what I'm applying to. So after talking with the counselor at the dept of labor, I'm taking a different approach to the job hunt, and to what I'm worth. And I pulled myself out of consideration for the weird job. Husband felt I was too nice given how the interview went.

I'm also growing basil, not recognizing people who friend me on facebook, (again enter husband. "You don't remember her?"), and not meeting all my goals at the summer writing group. And we had brunch out for the first time ever. And my niece is studying abroad and I think about her every day. She's have a blast. I'm so proud.

Tune in in a few weeks...unless June goes as fast as May and I end up late on that. WHERE DID MAY GO?

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Very exciting. BTW, did you try my pesto recipe?

rented life said...

Not yet. I lost 2 plants (husband thinks the seller was crap) so right now I only have enough to dry. But I have lots of new growth on the plants I have, we just need some consistently nice weather.